Undomesticated crafters are us!!

The crafting diary of a happy creative undomesticated knitter, stitcher, cardmaker, embroiderer, wife, mother,aunt, carer.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

2008

Well this year I am still with my resolution from two years back to do some crafting every day. It's going well and to ensure I do at least 1 row of knitting or crossstitch I keep a simple baby item to knit by my bed so I knit at least 1 row each night.
My WIPs from previous posts are a mised bag. Mia, the stripey sock and fruity throw have been frogged and given to charity. Julia has been frogged and put to one side. Lotte has been finshed but I don't like the way it hangs at the back ( even though it looks exactly as it is in the book). Chicago has been finished and is being sewn up as we speak. I haven't decided whether to do the flowers yet Marsh is still on the needles only the back has been done. As I finshed Chicago I am now knitting Woodland fron Country escape in the purple colourway. Back is finshed and it's a nice easy knit. I am also knitting Debbie Abrahams mystery blanket.
Since my lastpost I have finished the slash neck t-shirt in lime Calmer , Knitted Jude from CLassic Am- Pm in purple, Neaty from Rowan mag 42, KSH shawl/scarf in lilac and a couple of corsages.
On the book front I am a huge fan of Jasper Fforde. I like all his books but like the Nursery Crime Series Best and recommend these to everyone. The first book is The Big Over Easy and is about DI Jack Spratt ahd his partner Mary Mary who are investigating the death of Humpty Dumpty who was found murdered at the bottom of the wall. It is a really good read and many more nursery characters are in there it is such a brillaint read,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home