Undomesticated crafters are us!!

The crafting diary of a happy creative undomesticated knitter, stitcher, cardmaker, embroiderer, wife, mother,aunt, carer.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Still too many WIPS



I Still have far too many WIPs at the moment. I have finished the back of Marsh but still haven't finshed the back of Julia or Patti. I am also doing a nine square cushion from Debbie Abrahams More Cushions and Throws book. I'm doing the Fruity Throw squares. Three squares done so far . I have finished the back of Chicago from Rowan 37 and am a third up the left front. It seems to take a while because of all the beads. It is knitted it Calmer and this yarn is a dream to knit with. Still on the stripey sock on very small circulars.
Finally have my sewing machine out and accessible so have been experimenting with the embroidery designs. Some gorgeous lace designs I have just purchased. I think it's back to home made presents for all the family again.
Once I've managed to charge my camera will post the photos. I love sewing and find it so relaxing.
Just finished reading The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. It's set in a yarn shop and follows the lives of some of the knitting group. I am on the second of these books, A Good Yarn .One really nice thing about these books apart from being a good read is that which ever Class Lydia is teaching in the book we get the pattern to knit along with. The first book had a baby blanket pattern and the second has a sock pattern on two circulars. I think it's designed so that you can knit along with the characters but knitting and reading simultaneously is something I Have yet to do


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home