Undomesticated crafters are us!!

The crafting diary of a happy creative undomesticated knitter, stitcher, cardmaker, embroiderer, wife, mother,aunt, carer.

Friday, December 16, 2005

My First Rowan Creation for ME


Although I've knitted with Rowan yarn for my family this was my first Rowan project for me. I knitted it this year around March. The yarn used was Rowan Plaid which is a mixture of 42% merino wool 28% superfine alpaca and 30% acrylic fibre. This is knitted on 8mm needles and was a dream to knit. Plaid is great and I think it's an ideal yarn for some one starting to knit as it knits quickly without being too thick or having too thick a needle.
The pattern used was a Kim Hargreaves design called Raindrop from the Plaid Collection Book by Rowam. It's warm without being too warm and very cosy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home